Real Estate Analyst
Linear Retail is a leading acquirer, owner, developer, and operator of retail properties in New England with a focus on eastern Massachusetts, southern New Hampshire and eastern Rhode Island. Linear owns 93 retail properties including convenience-oriented strip shopping centers, specialty storefront retail in select downtown neighborhoods, smaller, well-located centers in dominant retail destination corridors, net-leased single-tenant retail properties and urban retail condos.
The Real Estate Analyst will report to the VP- Asset Management and will work closely on a daily basis with Linear Retail’s asset management, leasing, and financial staff. The position will expose the analyst to a full spectrum of duties within a professional real estate organization involving most facets of the company’s operations. The position demands a very dedicated, hard-working person with good people skills and the ability to prioritize, multi-task, work efficiently and enjoy a fast-paced environment. Candidate must be a self-starter with the ability, at times, to execute with limited guidance from the supervisor.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
- Financial Modeling: Create, maintain and prepare quarterly updates to ARGUS discounted cash flow models for the properties. Assist with other financial analyses using Excel. Proficiency in Argus Enterprise and Excel is required.
- Asset Management Support: Assist the leasing and asset management teams as needed on market and portfolio analyses; annual property budgets and property expense and tax abatement reviews; capital project budgeting and project management support and, tenant and lease prospect research.
- Database Management: Assist in the management of Linear’s property databases to track rent rolls, capital expenditure, tenant sales reporting and lease comparables and other pertinent property information.
- Research and Special Projects: Provide support to various Linear Retail team members as needed on special projects. Creative, problem-solving and “detective” skills required.
- The analyst position requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with training in business, accounting or finance, plus at least three years of directly relevant real estate work experience.
- An MBA degree or CPA designation would be a plus.
- Candidates must have a working knowledge of basic real estate finance, solid analytical skills and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Experience with ARGUS is necessary and Microsoft Access proficiency is desirable.