Linear Retail Signs Caffé Nero Deal in Concord, MA Town Center

17 Aug 2017

Linear Retail Signs Caffé Nero Deal in Concord, MA Town Center
Tags: , ,

(Burlington, MA; 8/17/2017) – Linear Retail Properties, LLC, announced today that it signed a lease with Caffé Nero for 2,803 SF at 55-57 Main Street in the historic Friend Block in downtown Concord, MA.

The European-based café will serve Italian coffee and espresso based drinks along with locally sourced artisan baked goods from Concord’s Nashoba Brook Bakery. The café’s inviting design will feature a fireplace and elegant seating areas with antique furniture refurbished locally including several community tables. The café is expected to open in the first quarter 2018.

Joel Kadis, Partner – Leasing & Development represented Linear Retail and John Dennis of Corporate Realty Advisors, represented the tenant. There is currently 1,082 SF – 2,900 SF of retail space available at the corner of Walden & Main Streets.

Kadis commented, “Caffé Nero will bring significant vitality to the heart of downtown Concord by providing a new meeting place for residents and tourists. In addition, Nero’s demonstrated strategy of preserving and investing in the historic aesthetic of architecturally significant spaces will provide a wonderful synergy with the town’s history and architecture.”

ABOUT THE FRIEND BLOCK
Linear Retail has commenced a $1.5 million renovation of the Friend Block and expects to complete all work by the fourth quarter 2017. The renovation will restore the building exterior, replace all windows and mechanical systems, insulate all spaces, provide new bathrooms, ADA accessibility and add an elevator. The Friend Block was acquired by Linear Retail in January of 2016 and is located at the center of Concord’s shopping district at the intersection of Main St (Rte. 62) and Walden St. The 11,740 SF building was originally constructed in 1892 and is named after John Friend, who opened “Friend Pharmacy”. The property was sold to John Snow in 1913 and “Snow Pharmacy” operated there until 1998 when the pharmacy was sold to Brooks by Walter Foley.

Comments are closed.